Gingerbread House is a nonprofit home providing support for children and adults who have multiple intellectual and physical challenges. We believe every resident is a unique individual with physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs. Every resident has the ability and right to grow and develop at his/her own pace. Every resident benefits when given the proper motivation and stimulation.
The Executive Director (ED) sets the tone and quality of life for both residents and staff; is responsible for ensuring Gingerbread House’s (GBH) success; emphasizes/reinforces the philosophy and mission of GBH; and understands the importance of leadership, dedication and putting the best interests of the residents and staff first.
As ED you must be committed to excellence; understand the importance and impact of quality person-centered care and respectful and collaborative relationships with staff; and set the chain of command for coordination between the ED and the Board.
As ED you will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for the day-to-day operations and coordination of all activities. You will be a resident advocate, ensuring the delivery of quality nursing care in accordance with federal, state and local regulations while supporting your care team and optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in health service management and courses in organizational dynamics, finance or accounting, personnel management and risk management preferred.
- Five years’ experience in a care facility with proven leadership and organizational skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. This is not to be construed as an exclusive or all-inclusive list. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all three GBH residences, programs and activities and keep the organization on track for its long term goals and mission.
- Execute and conduct the business of GBH.
- Develop and maintain all policies.
- Execute supplier/vendor contracts.
- Hire, orient, supervise, evaluate, review and appropriately discipline staff.
- Assure quality of care is provided to residents in accordance with the current federal and state guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain physical properties and vehicles in a good state of repair and operating condition.
- Encourage installation of improved work methods and procedures and develop standards and methods for measuring and evaluating those procedures.
- Assist in the development and planning of in-service training ensuring compliance with required training and development programs including regulatory compliance and HIPAA.
- Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during surveys and inspections and provide a written copy of such plan to the Board of Directors (Board).
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully and professionally with staff, residents, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Exhibit proven experience in leadership, development and retention of staff.
- Model, teach and utilize effective communication skills such as active listening, giving meaningful feedback, communicating ideas clearly and providing leadership to staff.
- Develop risk management/mitigation procedures to ensure the safety of residents and staff as well as the financial security of GBH.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports/recommendations to the Board concerning the operation of GBH including but not limited to budget preparation, monitoring and interpreting financial statements, exhibiting transparency in all areas.
- Assist Board in setting goals and ensure all ED job duties are documented with instructions establishing a chain of command as to who will carry out those duties in the event of an emergency or the ED’s absence.
- Attend Board meetings keeping the Board apprised of staff, resident and facility needs/changes and upcoming regulatory or compliance changes.
- Represent GBH in related business, professional and community activities.
- Exhibit proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Office; Windows programs and applications including Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point; and QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Be flexible with the ability to take call when needed.
- Be approachable and accessible to residents, their families and staff. The ED should know and be known by every staff member, resident and family member.
Commensurate with education and experience
- Simple IRA matching
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long term care insurance
- Paid time off
- Continuing education stipend
- Monday to Friday
- On Call weekends
- One Location
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Drop off Resumes to:
401 West 5th Street
Rolla, MO. 65401