CenterPointe Hospital Columbia is expanding their services to include an Outpatient Clinic in Rolla, Missouri that will provide partial hospitalization (PHP) outpatient therapy services to adolescents. We are currently recruiting for a Therapist.
The Therapist performs therapy service functions to include assisting patients in meeting their bio-psychosocial needs while enabling them to gain/improve skills needed to achieve their optimal level of emotional health. Includes providing consultation, education, specialized therapy services for patients/families receiving care, crisis intervention, therapy, and providing information and referrals as needed. The Therapist assists with staff oversight, program monitoring and crisis management. Helps to organize the clinical services team and ensure quality patient care is being offered.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Displays good theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and appropriate treatment techniques for each type of therapy according to age of patient.
- Performs psychosocial assessments on all patients to determine social service needs, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Evaluates patient data; develops and implements a treatment plan for patient.
- Communicates with physician regarding social service needs of patient.
- Participates in treatment planning for each patient; works cooperatively as member of interdisciplinary treatment team; completes progress notes and discharge plans in a timely fashion.
- Provides individual patient/family therapy and crisis intervention.
- Maintains current knowledge of social, medical and psychiatric services available within the community. Obtains other resources as needed.
- Communicates with family members and other customers regarding patient needs and anticipated plans.
- Collaborates with Utilization Management staff and other members of the team to provide for psychosocial assistance.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Actively participates in assigned team meetings and other meetings, as appropriate.
- Communicates and assists with documentation requirements to meet accreditation and certification body regulations.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and effective in stressful situations.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate on patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Completes documentation consistent with current standards and policies.
- Prepares reports; maintains case records and statistics.
- Promotes personal professional growth through continuing education, seminars/conferences, professional journals and societies.
- Assists with assuring quality patient outcomes by managing the quality of clinical programming including adherence to psychiatric treatment philosophy, use of appropriate clinical groups, effective treatment planning, quality of case management.
Education: Master's Degree from an accredited college or university, in Social Work, Counseling or a clinical related mental health field.
Experience: Therapist I: One (1) year experience, but will consider new grads in an entry-level capacity with a supervisory plan. Therapist II: Five (5) years’ experience in a psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience in family and group therapies, crisis intervention, and treatment skills; must have strong clinical assessment skills.
License: Therapist I: State certified in social work or a clinical related mental health field (LCSW) or (LPC) within two (2) years of employment. Therapist II: State certified in social work or a clinical related mental health field (LCSW) or (LPC).
Additional Requirements: CPR training is provided during orientation. May be required to work flexible hours and overtime.
Chemical Dependency Specific Requirements: Experience with the provision of individual, family, and group therapy services required. Must be familiar with chemical dependency issues and have knowledge of 12-step programs and philosophies.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders.
- Basic computer knowledge