Outpatient Secretary Rolla
CenterPointe Hospital Columbia is expanding their services to include an Outpatient Clinic in Rolla, Missouri that will provide partial hospitalization (PHP) outpatient therapy services to adolescents. We are currently recruiting for an Outpatient Secretary.
The Outpatient Secretary will perform clerical and reception duties; requisitions supplies and equipment; assists patients, physicians and hospital personnel in the outpatient programs.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the patient’s chart during the patient’s stay in the program. Ensures that records and documents on patients not in the outpatient program are forwarded appropriately.
- Ensures patient’s chart is in correct order, each page stamped with patient identification, reports charted timely (within one hour of receipt).
- When appropriate and as directed, thins record, prepares appropriately labeled packet and stores thinned record in its designated place.
- Upon transfer or discharge, ensures that the patient’s records are transferred to appropriate locations; forwards any reports within an hour of receipt.
- Orders and maintains appropriate stock of proper supplies, forms and clerical materials.
- Organizes and maintains filing systems to increase efficiency.
- Assures that patient’s rights are upheld. Understands and follows mandatory reporting requirements.
- Maintains census report for outpatient programs. Completes transfers and discharge paperwork and notification in a timely manner. Accurately completes census report.
- Completes all transfers and discharges by notifying the appropriate departments.
- Ensures patients are cleared through Patient Account Services.
- Ensures discharged patient’s medical records are disassembled, identified with patient data and sent to Medical Records in a timely manner.
- Assembles admission charts and keeps admission files stocked.
- Contacts patients with missed appointments and document in chart.
- Assists patients, physicians, and hospital personnel in outpatient programs.
- Interacts with patients, physicians and hospital personnel in a pleasant, courteous manner.
- Answers inquiries and/or directs to appropriate resources.
- Operates other communication systems in accordance with policy and procedures. Refers calls regarding patient status to the Director.
- TAKES NO ORDERS FROM PHYSICIANS. Transfers these requests and/or calls to the RN or LPN.
- Answers telephone, phones patients with missed appointments, receives and sends fax messages. Relays information appropriately and accurately.
- Sets up consultations with outside providers as ordered by physician.
Education: High School Degree or equivalent. Associate Degree in Business preferred.
Experience: Sufficient previous clerical experience is required. Experience in health care is preferred.