Outpatient RN Rolla
CenterPointe Hospital Columbia is expanding their services to include an Outpatient Clinic in Rolla, Missouri that will provide partial hospitalization (PHP) outpatient therapy services to adolescents. We are currently recruiting for a part-time Outpatient RN.
The Outpatient Clinic RN is a registered professional nurse who prescribes, coordinates, and evaluates patient care through collaborative efforts with team members in accordance with the nursing process and the standards of care and practices.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psycho social, spiritual, cultural and age appropriate needs of the patient.
- Completes body system assessment on assigned patients.
- Completes reassessments as new information is acquired, as needs change and as progress toward goal is made.
- Recognizes signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop evaluate and modify patient’s plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops nursing interventions for medical problems (Axis III) as part of the master treatment plan.
- Collaborates with physicians and health team members.
- Processes physician’s orders, administers medications, performs venipuncture for labs, and documents information in medical records.
- Administers prn medications accurately and documents route and time
- Supervises/monitors clients who need assistance with home meds.
- Accurately documents interventions and outcomes in nursing narratives notes.
- Utilizes appropriate interventions in psychiatric and medical emergencies.
- Prioritizes and formulates a plan of care based on patient assessment and according to policy.
- Participates in the development of an interdisciplinary treatment plan with specific and measurable goals, objectives, and interventions defining actions unique to each patient’s needs.
- Updates and revises the plan as goals/objectives are met or when the patient’s condition changes.
- Documents both the nursing interventions on the treatment plan and the patient’s response to the intervention.
- Contacts and communicates with community agencies/residences regarding medication/medical treatment issues as needed.
- Provides education to patients and families based on their identified needs and limitations, e.g., communications, interpersonal and social skills, and basic principles of physical health.
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of all patient teaching.
- Conducts patient psycho-educational groups and individual client education as needed.
- Utilizes self as a role model to promote health communication.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement activities.
- Collaborates with other team members.
- Acts as the patient’s advocate and assures that patient rights are upheld. Understands and follows mandatory reporting requirements.
- Complies with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and risk management.
- Utilizes time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrates guest relations in communication, cooperation and in giving assistance to patients, physicians/licensed practitioners, co-workers and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Adheres to facility, departmental, and corporate personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with the Corporate Ethics and Compliance Policy.
- Works overtime in a case of emergency or as deemed necessary to supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Conducts intake call, assessment, and business office paperwork as per procedure.
- Attends all mandatory facility in-services and staff development activities as scheduled.
- Adheres to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
- Supports facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.
Education: Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
Experience: Previous experience in a psychiatric health-care facility preferred.
Licensure: Current and unencumbered license to practice by the State Board of Nursing.
Additional Requirements: CPR certification required. Must pass a medication administration exam and complete a basic developmental competency exam.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of a wide range of psychosocial, cognitive and/or developmental disorders.
- Basic computer knowledge