Mental Health Tech - Driver Rolla
MENTAL HEALTH TECH / DRIVER
CenterPointe Hospital Columbia is expanding their services to include an Outpatient Clinic in Rolla, Missouri that will provide partial hospitalization (PHP) outpatient therapy services to adolescents. We are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Tech / Driver.
The Mental Health Tech / Driver will function as an active member of the Outpatient Clinic providing patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients. This MHT/Driver will provide pick-up and delivery services for patients enrolled in the program.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assures that patient’s rights are upheld. Understands and follows mandatory reporting requirements.
- Assists patients by picking up for PHP and delivering them home at end of session.
- Interacts with patients, physicians and hospital personnel in a pleasant, courteous manner.
- Answers inquiries and/or directs to appropriate resources.
- Answers telephone, phones patients with missed appointments, receives and sends fax messages. Relays information appropriately and accurately.
- Pick up patients for PHP meetings in Outpatient Clinic; deliver patients to home after PHP therapy.
- Provide phone assistance at the front desk
- Follows therapeutic interventions outlined in treatment plan for each patient.
- Continuously observes patients' behavior, mental status and activities; notifies appropriate personnel of any changes or unusual occurrences.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the physicians, therapists, and other personnel as necessary.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity, provides emotional support.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner, directs calls appropriately, takes messages.
- Operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with the other departments of the facility.
- Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible, acts appropriately in stressful/emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Degree or equivalent required; Certified Nursing Assistant preferred; Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, recreational therapy or appropriate therapeutic discipline preferred.
Education: High School Degree or equivalent; Certified Nursing Assistant preferred; Degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, recreational therapy or appropriate therapeutic discipline preferred.
Experience: Previous related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques and understanding of mental illness preferred.
- CDL and clean driving record are REQUIRED.
- CPR training is provided during new employee orientation and prior to assisting with restraint procedures.
- May be required to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures, sterile technique, medical terminology.
- Basic computer knowledge