Dining Manager: Full-time
Provision Living is seeking a dependable, well-organized supervisor to lead the food service program within its community. As Dining Manager/Executive Chef, you will be part of a company committed to providing an exemplary, hospitality-style experience for our senior residents. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in applying their creative, managerial, and customer service skills to a top-notch food service program.
Dining Manager/Executive Chef Job Description
Job Title: Dining Manager/Executive Chef
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
As the Dining Manager/Executive Chef, reporting directly to the Executive Director, you will provide supervision and direction to the food service program, and plan and prepare appealing, nutritious, heart-healthy, tasteful, fresh food for residents and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan and implement a menu cycle that will be well-received by the residents and features seasonal menu items
- Orientate new dining service staff or those needing extra assistance
- Be an active part of the cooking staff
- Keep food and supply costs within budget. Maintain good communication with all vendors
- Support all catering, room service, special party needs, marketing functions, etc.
- Maintain ordering and accounting for food inventories necessary to complete duties
- Instruct all employees on operation, maintenance and cleaning of all kitchen equipment. Exhibit thorough knowledge of all food service positions and provide hands-on training to staff
- Maintain appropriate food temperatures by ensuring proper cooling/heating procedures are followed and equipment is working properly. Handle food in a safe and appropriate manner
- Provide cook coverage when unable to find necessary staff coverage (on-call duties)
- Recruit and hire new dining service staff. Schedule staff on an ongoing basis (schedule will be posted at least one week in advance)
- Serve as Manager-on-Duty on rotational basis with other management staff
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance to the Company policies, the Code of Ethical Business Conduct and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university; and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training
- ServSafe certification
- Applicable state licensure
- Needs to be a collaborative team player
- Great customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details, and multi-tasking
- Strong sense of accountability for results
- Strong communications skills
- Be dependable with a strong work ethic
- Possess a general knowledge of laws and restrictions regarding Assisted Living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and limits of other levels of care within senior living
Travel is not required.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.