Team Member – New Graduate (Highschool Seniors Only)
Job Title: Team Member – New Graduate (Highschool Seniors Only)
Shift: Various Shifts
Shift Length: 12hr Nonrotating
**$1500 Sign-On Bonus**
**MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD TO APPLY**
**MUST HAVE COVER LETTER AND RESUME**
This is an exciting time for Royal Canin in Rolla Missouri. We are looking for new high school graduates to join as Team Members to work in our factory. We are hiring for various 12-hour nonrotating shifts, so if you want a job right after you graduate, please apply. We provide top tier training for this position, so please do not be discouraged.
As part of our overall total compensation package, Mars offers a competitive benefits package to all associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 401k match. Associates are also immediately eligible (based on hire date) up to three weeks of vacation, 11 Paid Holidays per year, Sick Pay, Maternity & Parental Leave and annual bonus earning potential, plus many other ancillary benefits not listed here.
Team Members are system experts in their assigned area and are highly functional in multiple areas.
Team Members must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is directly responsible for the efficient production of quality products in the required quantities. Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area.
Team Members must have the skill set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the area as needed. This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support site objectives.
What we are looking for:
- New Team Members that are dependable and responsible.
- Good work ethic and take pride in their work.
- Flexible and adaptable mindset as Mars trains you for this new venture.
Key Responsibilities after training:
- Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
- Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments, and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment preventative maintenance.
- Able to maintain accurate records of quality control checks, production numbers or waste performance.
- Keeps detailed logbooks: Performs all shift support documentation in a quality matter.
- Performs quality control tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
- High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related duties.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
- Understands principles of inventory control.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions.
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the business.
- Must be 18 years of age to start the new position.
- Must be a HS graduate or equivalent.
- Offers will be made contingent on the above requirements and a start date will be issued when the requirements are met.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
CLICK HERE to apply online