Full-time- Monday thru Friday
Benefits- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance; paid Holidays; Sick leave; Annual Leave; and Retirement plan
Hourly wage starting at $15.00 ($31,200 annually) with advancement opportunities up to $20.60 per hour. These advancements are considered with successful certification and years of service.
The Soil and Water Conservation Program carries out the policies of the Soil and Water Districts Commission following the Soil and Water Districts Law (Chapter 278, RSMo). The program promotes good farming techniques that help keep soil on the fields, our waters clean and conserves the productivity of Missouri’s working lands. Soil and water conservation practices installed on agricultural land save soil from eroding and reduce nutrients and pesticides from entering Missouri’s waterways. The Parks, Soils and Water Sales Tax provides financial incentives and share the cost between the farmer and the state for implementing soil and water conservation practices that prevent or control soil erosion and protect water quality. The Phelps County Soil & Water Conservation District has been assisting the agricultural producers of Phelps County since 1977 and Crawford County since 1992.
The District Technician will assist with the designing and planning of conservation practices for local farmers. This includes management intensive grazing systems, wildlife and forestry planning, soil erosion mitigation, nutrient and pest management and other resource concern planning. This position requires field work as well as computer mapping, planning, and contracting. The technician will utilize tools such as ArcMap, GPS and survey equipment as part of the planning process.
• Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Must have a strong desire to learn and develop computer skills.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Must be able to work under high workloads at peak times and be able to adapt to day-to-day changes.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and travel over rough and uneven terrain
Work Experience and/or Education:
• High school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license required. General knowledge of farming or the ability to use surveying instruments is preferred. Applicant must be able to pass a USDA background check.
Resumes and cover letters may be dropped off at the Phelps/Crawford County SWCD office located at 1050 Hwy 72 E. Rolla. For questions, call the office at (573) 364-6202 ext. 3 or e-mail Paula.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. March 31, 2023. Phelps & Crawford SWCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.