Position: St. James Senior Center Administrative Coordinator
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Department: Senior Center Administration
Reports to: St. James Caring Center/ Senior Center Director
Summary: Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies while ensuring customers are satisfied. Oversee development and monitor trends that indicate the need for new services. Plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for projects.
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
- Assign, oversee, and review fundraising activities.
- Compile or develop materials to submit to grants.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, charitable donation history, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Design and edit promotional publications, such as brochures.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new fundraising opportunities.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and services.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration — Knowledge of business principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Qualifications and Experience
Understanding and experience with computers and software programs.
Understanding and experience working with public relations and media sources, including social media and website management.
Exceptional communications skills to be able to relay information effectively to members and to the public, the Board Members, staff, and volunteers.
High school diploma or GED required. Preference given for a completed Associate or bachelor’s degree in a field related.
Experience in planning, organizing, and directing the work of others.
Ability to set priorities, coordinate projects, and meet critical deadlines.
Prepare concise and effective material including newsletter, press releases, or assist with grant proposal reporting or writing.